Sea Turtles of the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico Guide
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Describes in detail the five sea turtles that inhabit the Gulf of Mexico and U.S. Atlantic: Loggerhead, Leatherback, Hawksbill, Green, and the Kemp’s Ridley
- Includes detailed description and illustrations of the hatchlings, juveniles, and adults of each species, including maps showing their North American nesting beaches and ranges
- Life cycle of mating, nesting, hatchling birth and trip to the sea, juvenile maturation and adult life is described with diagrams and text.
- Also includes sections on nesting behavior, threats to sea turtles, and conservation measures to keep them safe.
- Blair and Dawn Witherington are professional naturalists. Blair is a research scientist with the University of Florida with baccalaureate and master?s degrees in biology from the University of Central Florida and a doctorate in zoology from the University of Florida. Dawn is a graphic design artist and scientific illustrator trained at the Art Institutes of Colorado and Ft. Lauderdale.
- Handy fold-out format: 6 panels each 4″ X 9″. Perfect for backpack, glove compartment, or kitchen table
- Indestructible lamination – water and beachproof
- Instant access to just what you need to know
- UPC: 740620902178
- Our item code: ST-107